May 21, 2013

The Life Box (Part 2)

I wrote here about the Wonders of the Animal Kingdom album into which I pasted the stamps my Parents had collected for me at the Jewel Food Store. I learned recently that grocery chains throughout North America participated in the promotion.


*     *     *     *     *


Verona, Wisconsin, May 2013. My album is in fair shape; it rests in the bottom of the life box. Although we finished assembling the album by the time I was three years old, I enjoyed looking at it for many years. The artwork was brilliant to a child's eye, and I often used the album as a reference after Dad and I returned from our Sunday visits to the zoo.

1 comment:

edutcher said...

That's really nice that you can look back at something that meant so much to you so long ago.

You were very lucky to have such fine parents.