January 8, 2015

Trout Dinner


Glacier National Park, Montana, July 1972. I usually didn't catch much when I fished in Glacier, but I kept trying. This photo captures the exception. In 1972 we hiked up to a spot en route to Grinnell Glacier. I spent most of the afternoon casting for trout, and, because I wore a bathing-suit top, I got a nasty sunburn. I kept fishing because the haul was so good.

When we returned to the Swiftcurrent Motor Inn, the chef at the restaurant offered to clean and cook my catch. Remember: we ate what we caught. We (and several of our friends) had a wonderful meal. Even Mom at the trout, and Mom hates fish. Before we went to sleep, Mom rubbed Neosporin over my burned back.

2 comments:

edutcher said...

Yes, there's always that one sunburn you never forget because you had such a good time getting it.

PS You look very pretty there.

Irene said...

Thank you.