February 1, 2012

Giddyup

My Dad and I enjoyed horseback riding in Rocky Mountain National Park. I usually rode a horse named "Tiny." The ranch hands at the lodge teased me about Tiny's size. They snarkily joked that Tiny was "half donkey and half mule." That was a bumpy bit of humor for a nine-year-old to digest.

Tiny was the horse that threw me later that summer. I'll write more about that incident soon.


Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado, July 1967. The witty ranch hand secures the saddle.

*     *     *     *     *


Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado, July 1967.  Tiny and I follow my Dad on his galloping horse. This was one of the best days of my life.

*     *     *     *     *


Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado, July 1967. My Mom snapped this photo of Dad and me as we returned from our exhilarating ride.

1 comment:

Johanna said...

Lovely!