September 16, 2011

Nothing Here is Chronological

I have hundreds of family photos dating back to the 1860s. How they land here will depend on what interests me. I can't be tied to a linear path. That would keep me from posting snapshots that date from a year or decade that this blog already covered.

Besides, I don't think in a linear way. The stories will fit together once I've exposed more pieces.

For example:

Mariampolis, Lithuania, 1927. My Mother's Maternal Grandparents (Zigmunta and Silvestras), her wild Aunt Dora, and her Uncle Edvardas, who died at the age of 29 from a ruptured appendix (that appendix problem seems to run on both sides of the family). Flapper!

2 comments:

Mr. Irene said...

A very nice way to introduce the rich characters in the story ahead. This will generate amber waves of joy!

Irene said...

*smooch*