November 7, 2014

Plaid Pants


Suburban Chicago, June 1975. Dad and his beloved Gigi visit my childhood bedroom. I was surprised to see Dad dressed this way. He had elegant taste, and he usually wore beautiful clothing. I don't know what happened here, but these style choices rattle my understanding of "stay-at-home" clothes.

On the top shelf rests a copy of National Geographic's dog book, Man's Best Friend. There also sits Watership Down (I didn't like that bookperhaps because I prefer nonfiction, and I don't care for fiction that is fantasy based) and The Gulag Archipelago. The books on the bottom shelf reflect an interest I had, at that time, in poetry.

3 comments:

edutcher said...

I take it he didn't golf.

Then again, they didn't call the 70s "The Decade That Taste Forgot" for nothing.

Irene said...

Dad definitely was not a golfer (he agreed with Mark Twain).

edutcher said...

So does The Blonde.