May 13, 2012

Out of Order

I chose a non-chronological order for this blog because that approach lets me freely post photos as they interest me. I select what I find quirky or touching on a particular day, and I am not burdened by structure.

Another benefit of shedding sequence is that I can insert photos as I find them. Images pop up unexpectedly: I find old photos, my Mom rediscovers envelopes, and relatives send me precious snapshots. There even are a couple of outtakes boxes that contain gems.

I also like return to earlier posts by "inserting" related photos. Recently, for example, I wrote about a wreath dance that the girls from our Lithuanian school performed at a Mother's Day "minejimas." I just ran across a couple of photos from that performance in an outtakes box.

They are perfect for Mother's Day:


Suburban Chicago, May 1965. We give a bow of thanks to our Moms.
 
*     *     *     *     *
 
 
Suburban Chicago, May 1965. After the performance, we hand out carnations to the Moms in the audience. I stand on the far right.

No comments: