April 2, 2015

Foiled, in Three Takes

I've only lived with cats twice: once in college, and later in Venice. Those cats weren't mine, so I didn't pay attention to feline training methods, lures, and repellents. I did, however, believe that one could teach a cat not to jump on counters by lining the surfaces with aluminum foil. The foil trick is a myth!

I recently delivered a coffee cake to a friend. We set the cake in a safe spot so her cats couldn't get near it, but I left the foil wrappers on the counter. Here's what one of her cats, Bogey, did when he saw the foil:


*     *     *     *     *


*     *     *     *     *


Verona, Wisconsin, April 1, 2015. Bogey is extraordinarily affectionate. When I sat down, he plopped himself on the shoulder rest above me and licked my cheek.

1 comment:

edutcher said...

This my shiny thing and you can't have it!