August 13, 2012

More Questions than Answers

By now, I've posted most of the really old photos that we have. Occasionally, I still find a few snapshots that have not appeared on the blog. This is one of them. I didn't post it earlier because I don't have much information about the subjects. My Dad, who rephotographed and restored the original image, simply wrote the name of a Lithuanian city, "Padubysis," on the back of the photo.


Padubysis, Lithuania, about 1910. It's possible that the people riding in the carriage are my Dad's paternal Grandparents.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Irene,

could I learn more about the origin and nationality of Your family and its links with Padubysis? I work for a historical research center, and I would be grateful for an opportunity to contact You by e-mail. My name is Julijanas Galisanskis, and e-mail: j.galisanskis(a)yahadinunum.org Thank You in advance!