March 13, 2015

Sold Out

Madison-Vilnius Sister Cities this week celebrated Lithuania's Restoration Day. The organization sponsored a banquet at The University Club; guests dined on Šaltibarščiai, Cepelinai, and Honey Torte. The food was authentic and delicious.

The University Club offered a Lithuanian menu this week. Mom and I popped in for lunch today. Misery! The Cepelinai we craved were sold out. So we had the Cabbage Rolls instead. The Cabbage Rolls were good, but Cabbage Rolls are something we easily make at home. Cepelinai are a production, and we rarely cook them. As a result, we didn't have what we had sought. We did start out, however, with the Šaltibarščiai. I thought the soup was excellent; Mom claimed my recipe is better. *Blushes.*


*     *     *     *     *


*     *     *     *     *


*     *     *     *     *


*     *     *     *     *


*     *     *     *     *


(I asked the server to show me the machine the cook had used to grate the potatoes.)

No comments: