January 3, 2015

Memory Triggers


Suburban Chicago, December 24, 1965. Dad snapped this photo as we waited for Kūčios to begin. Although I smiled, I was annoyed because Mom had just used a barrette to undo the effect of my cool, over-the-eye, side-parted bob. Mom made me wear tights again! And this was long before tights were fashionable. I also was miserable because I suffered from badly chapped lips that winter. Do you recognize the silver bracelet?

This image captures how pink our kitchen was. There's the Roper wall oven that served us for 34 years. The elephant figurine resting below the chandelier presently sitsminus his tuskson a bookshelf in our current home. The "Swim Little Duck" folk art hangs above Mom's head.

1 comment:

edutcher said...

I went through the chapped lips thing, too.

I remember Christmas mornings (!) where I didn't want to get out of bed.