January 23, 2012

Mystery Location

Here's my Dad, on a double date, somewhere in post-war Germany. I am pretty sure that this photo was taken in Bavaria. Usually, it's difficult to differentiate one bombed-out German city from another. But this building is distinctive. I nonethess was unable to determine the location.

Do you know where Dad and his friends were when they gathered for this photo? My first guess is Stuttgart, followed by the areas around Würzburg and Schweinfurt. If you have an idea, please leave a comment.


Germany, 1946. My Dad, cigarette in hand, is on the far right. This photo dates from the period before he met my Mom.

*     *     *     *     *


Germany, 1947. Here's another view of the building.

UPDATE: Mystery resolved. I found my Dad's negatives, and he wrote the location on each image's envelope. These are photos taken near Hohenheim University, in Stuttgart.

No comments: