December 16, 2011

I experience a little excitement.

This evening, I went to my favorite local yarn shop and café, the Sow's Ear, to attend the bimonthly "Late Night Knit Night" that the shop hosts.

I attended tonight because the shop was celebrating the birthday of master knitter Amy Detjen. Amy is one of the country's most accomplished practitioners of two-color knitting. In October, I had attended a color knitting mini-retreat that Amy taught.

Now, Amy and Meg Swansen have published a new book, Knitting with Two Colors.

I am delighted because Meg and Amy included "Lithuanian Sashes," my variation of the cover sweater from Sweaters from Camp, in their new book.

To a knitter, it doesn't get much better than this.


Verona, Wisconsin, December 16, 2011. I point out the spot at which my sweater's photo appears.


Verona, Wisconsin, December 16, 2011. Amy Detjen and I caress the new book.


Verona, Wisconsin, September 2011. Here's the photo Amy Detjen took when she first saw me wearing the "Lithuanian Sashes" variation.

3 comments:

Michele LaVigne said...

Of course this means I'll have to buy yet another knitting book.

Irene said...

It's a good buy.

Evi L. Bloggerlady said...

I love the idea of knitting, but I can barely operate a keyboard let alone knitting needles. It is a shame since I think my flowing locks might be good for knitting.