November 4, 2011

It's Friday. Let's go out to dinner.

My Parents and I posed for this snapshot in my Parents' bedroom. It was a "master bedroom" of sorts because it had a three-quarter bath attached to it. By today's standards, it was a small room. To the right of my Dad is his mahogany desk, at which he used a Parker fountain pen to write the bills every Saturday morning. The photo of me that Dad loved hung just to the far right, next to the door to the bathroom.

I am wearing the aqua and white suit that my Mom knitted.


Suburban Chicago, April 1961. I get ready to go out with my Parents. It's unlikely that we were "going out to dinner." My Parents were frugal, and we rarely ate in restaurants. Here, we probably are heading off to another, customary, Sunday visit with a Lithuanian family.

No comments: