October 5, 2011

It's the fiftieth post.

I'd like to write something special for this occasion, but I am too distracted by watching the HBO documentary, "George Harrison: Living in the Material World." Ringo Starr said there were two Georges: the George who was a bag of love beads, and the George who was a bag of anger. That reflection made me smile for a number of tender reasons.

I love watching television; I have loved it for years.


Suburban Chicago, 1962. I sit in the "Rec Room" of our newish home, watching television on the newish set. I wonder whether I was focused on my childhood crushes, Ben Casey and Dr. Kildare. Just two years after my Dad snapped this photo, he would be taking us to see the Chicago premiere of "A Hard Day's Night."   

4 comments:

Martine said...

great pic!

Irene said...

Thank you!

Johanna said...

Great pic! What were you eating?

Irene said...

I am probably eating nuts.